Distinguished in mountain festival luxury, the Telluride Jazz Festival Patron Experience will now feature a private opening concert with Sammy Miller and the Congregation at the historic Sheridan Opera House on Thursday, August 2, 2018.
Bandleader Sammy Miller and his cohorts, The Congregation, will showcase their distinct, uplifting, feel-good, "joyful jazz" music. With a maximum capacity of 265 attendees, the historic Sheridan Opera House is the ideal venue for to extend a truly warm and rustic welcome to the festival. This exclusive show is designed for the venue and is the only opportunity at the Festival to see them perform in such an intimate setting. The opening concert will be held for Patron Experience pass-holders only on Thursday, August 2. Doors will open at 8:30 and concert will start at 9:00 pm.
Set in the heart of downtown Telluride, the opening concert is the final addition to the enhanced 2018 Patron Experience which will treat pass-holders to top-of-the-line festival amenities making for a truly elegant and memorable experience. The Telluride Jazz Festival is proud to offer the first and only on-stage viewing for Patron Pass holders. The viewing area features an unparalleled festival environment allowing Patrons to get as close to the music as possible while taking in a breathtaking 13,000 foot mountain backdrop. Read more below for the complete list of the 2018 Patron Experience top-of-the-line amenities.
Patron Experience amenities:
- On-Stage Viewing with Hosted Bar - Watch your favorite performance from the side of the Main Stage. Covered on-stage seating offers the most intimate festival experience possible. Experience a clear view of performers and the beautiful Town Park backdrop with an open bar featuring craft beer, wine and specialty cocktails within arms reach.
- Wine and Dine with the artists Backstage - Patrons can enjoy special backstage access featuring catered meals by chef Josh Klein, a complimentary bar, covered dining area and upscale, patron restrooms. The full menu will be announced in Spring 2018.
- Private Opening Concert with Sammy Miller and the Congregation - Kick off the festival with a private opening concert at the historic Sheridan Opera House on Thursday, August 2, 2018. With a maximum capacity of 265 attendees, the historic Sheridan Opera House is the ideal venue to extend a truly warm and rustic welcome to the festival.
- Opening Reception - Open the festival on Thursday, August 2 alongside fellow Patrons, the Telluride Society for Jazz Board Members and festival staff. Indulge in a catered menu of decadent hors d'oeuvres and an open bar with craft beer, wine and cocktails accompanied by live music from the Telluride Student All-Stars Jazz Ensemble. The Patron Opening Reception Menu will be announced in Spring 2018.
- Complimentary bar with craft beer, select wine and specialty cocktails - Enjoy an open bar all weekend long showcasing the best in craft beer, select wine and specialty cocktails at stage-view bars in the Patron Area.
- Jazz After Dark Entry Both Nights
- Eligible to purchase Safari Cabanas - Safari Cabanas are the ultimate way for groups to attend the Telluride Jazz Festival! Enjoy the Main Stage entertainment from the comfort of your own Colorado Yurt Cimarron Tent curated with luxurious conveniences and a concierge service. These specialty tents are outfitted with comfortable decor, a covered front porch, fire pit and relaxed seating for eight. Safari Cabanas are a great place for groups to spend the day or just call their home base in Telluride Town Park. For more info, click here.
- Access to Patron/VIP Area - New location for 2018! Enjoy the music from an exclusive, less crowded Patron/VIP Area inside the festival with uninterrupted stage views and a covered, heated lounge with relaxed seating. The Patron/VIP area also features yard games and fire pits.
- Unobstructed Seated Viewing Area In Front of Stage - The VIP area offers a clear and up-close view of the stage featuring one of the most intimate concert experiences available.
- Patron Restrooms - Dedicated, upscale restrooms will be available in the VIP and Patron Area.
- Patron and VIP Priority Check-In at Box Office
- Priority Entry - Patrons will receive early, priority entry into the Festival and Jazz After Dark shows.
- Free entry to the Telluride Historical Museum
Passes are on sale now, the word is out and supplies are extremely limited! Don't hesitate to reserve your Patron Experience today!