Tantalize your taste buds with this sensational 'Tour De Food' presented by Telluride chef Josh Klein
Styled out for the 42nd year, the Patron Experience is by far the most luxurious way to attend the Telluride Jazz Festival. Featuring a private opening concert with Sammy Miller and the Congregation at the Sheridan Opera House, an on-stage seated viewing area, catered meals with the artists backstage and much more, Patron pass-holders will be treated to a weekend of world-class music, decadent food and drinks all surrounded by the unparalleled views of Telluride Town Park.
Putting an emphasis on high quality, locally-sourced and fresh ingredients, this year's Patron Experience features an eclectic food menu served in a cozy, covered Patron Lounge located backstage at the festival.
CHEF JOSH KLEIN
If you have dined in Telluride over the past decade, you will know that one of the leading forces of culinary excellence is spearheaded by New Orleans native Josh Klein. After rising to the top of the guard in numerous New Orleans Institutions he found his way to Telluride in 2005. Now the proud owner of the ever-so-popular Mama P's Po-Boys (a mobile vending operation), Bouilli Catering Company, Smugglers Brewpub and Side Work Speakeasy, he has made a serious mark on the local dining scene. If asked, Josh would most likely say his home state in Louisiana carries only a glimpse of his repertoire of flavors. He stays true to Southwest Colorado and brings inspiration from all of the homelands of his French, Spanish and Italian ancestors.
THE DINING EXPERIENCE
Start your weekend off with a Welcome Reception on Thursday, August 2nd where the chefs of Rustico Ristorante have designed a menu of specialty dishes from every corner of Italy. Dine on some of Italy's most treasured dishes alongside members of board of the Telluride Society for Jazz and enjoy live music from the Telluride Student All-stars Jazz Ensemble on a rustic covered patio in the heart of historic downtown Telluride.
During the weekend, pass-holders can enjoy backstage dining alongside the festival artists. Meals will be prepared fresh on-site each day by chef Josh Klein.
PATRON EXPERIENCE AMENITIES
The new Patron Experience includes top-of-the-line festival amenities. Patron Pass-holders can enjoy:
- On-Stage Viewing with Hosted Bar - Watch your favorite performance from the side of the Main Stage. Covered on-stage seating offers the most intimate festival experience possible. Experience a clear view of performers and the beautiful Town Park backdrop with an open bar featuring craft beer, wine and specialty cocktails within arms reach.
- Wine and Dine with the artists Backstage - Patrons can enjoy special backstage access featuring catered meals by chef Josh Klein, a complimentary bar, covered dining area and upscale, patron restrooms.
- Private Opening Concert with Sammy Miller and the Congregation - Kick off the festival with a private opening concert with Sammy Miller and the Congregation at the historic Sheridan Opera House on Thursday, August 2, 2018. With a maximum capacity of 265 attendees, the historic Sheridan Opera House is the ideal venue to extend a truly warm and rustic welcome to the festival.
- This exclusive show is the only opportunity to see Sammy Miller and the Congregation in an intimate setting like the Sheridan Opera House. Their spirited performance is a perfect match for this venue. The aim of drummer and bandleader Sammy Miller and his cohorts, The Congregation, is to play music that makes you feel good, music that uplifts. They call it joyful jazz, and we’re all in. Individually, the members of this ensemble are truly gifted but are committed as a unit to creating and sharing community through the bonding power of music. They are straight up fun. You won’t leave without a smile on your face.
- Opening Reception - Open the festival on Thursday, August 2nd alongside fellow Patrons, the Telluride Society for Jazz Board Members and festival staff at Rustico Ristorante's romantic open-air patio. Indulge in a catered menu of decadent hors d'oeuvres and an open bar with craft beer, wine and cocktails accompanied by live music from the Telluride Student All-Stars Jazz Ensemble.
- Complimentary bar with craft beer, select wine and specialty cocktails - Enjoy an open bar all weekend long showcasing the best in craft beer, select wine and specialty cocktails at stage-view bars in the Patron Area.
- Jazz After Dark Entry Both Nights
- Access to Patron/VIP Area - Enjoy the music from an exclusive, less crowded Patron/VIP Area inside the festival with uninterrupted stage views and a covered, heated lounge with relaxed seating. The Patron/VIP area also features yard games and fire pits.
- Unobstructed Seated Viewing Area In Front of Stage - The VIP area offers a clear and up-close view of the stage featuring one of the most intimate concert experiences available.
- Patron Restrooms - Dedicated, upscale restrooms will be available in the VIP and Patron Area.
- Patron and VIP Priority Check-In at Box Office
- Priority Entry - Patrons will receive early, priority entry into the Festival and Jazz After Dark shows.
- Free entry to the Telluride Historical Museum
Already have tickets and interested in upgrading? Contact us to find out how you can take your GA or VIP Experience to the next level, click here.