July 30 – August 3, 2018
Returning for the second year, Festival organizers and the Telluride Society for Jazz have partnered again with the Telluride Academy and Caleb Chapman's Soundhouse to produce the week-long music education and outdoor adventure academy for students leading up to the 42nd Telluride Jazz Festival.
The Telluride Jazz Adventure Academy gives students the opportunity to learn new music skills, collaborate with peers, perform on stage during the Festival and experience outdoor adventure at the height of summer in the stunning San Juan Mountains.
Dates: July 30 - August 3
*Registration includes course instruction, daily field trips and a 3-Day Festival Pass for the weekend. Registration does not include lodging.
Presented by the Telluride Society for Jazz, the Adventure Academy is a perfect blend of music, mountains and outdoor adventures! Students will be sure to find progression and play during this week-long program.
Students will spend their mornings with world-renowned music-educator Caleb Chapman and his team studying and rehearsing music followed by unique, outdoor adventures including stand-up paddle boarding, hiking, and rock climbing with Telluride Academy guides in the afternoon. The week concludes with a student performance on the "Society Stage" in Elks Park and attendance to the 42nd annual Telluride Jazz Festival. For more information or to register for the Academy, click below.
- Learn new music techniques and skills from world-renowned music educators: Jazz Improv, Theory and Articulation, Group Rehearsal, Music History and more
- Collaborate with peers
- Perform on the “Society Stage” during the Festival
- Opportunities to attend Interactive Artist Sessions with Festival performers
- Experience outdoor adventures guided by top-notch field staff and local naturalists: Hiking, stand-up paddle boarding, rock climbing, rope and knot tying lessons, nature lessons, radio station tour and more
- Renowned vacation and festival destination for parents featuring a variety of accommodations, outdoor recreation, award-winning restaurants, shopping, art galleries, unique Victorian architecture and more!
For accommodations, lodging and "homestay" program information, please contact Telluride Academy.