The original artwork piece behind the 2017 Telluride Jazz Festival poster is now on auction! To build this year's poster, The festival staff took a fine piece of Telluride-inspired art from Eugenio Cohaila and formatted it to suit our lineup poster. This one-of-a-kind fine canvas piece was created using oil on canvas. Pulling full inspiration from Telluride, this piece depicts a lively downtown Main Street with a stunning alpine sunset glow. This piece represents the vibrance and elegance of the festival.
If you love the artwork, bid online to take home this one-of-a-kind original painting. Bid on the piece here, at the Merchandise Tent and at the Patron Concierge Station during the festival until Sunday, August 6, at 6 PM.
Auction proceeds benefit the Telluride Society for Jazz and are tax deductible as a charitable contribution.
Click artwork to enlarge.
Current Highest Bid: $3,500
Enter The Auction
About the piece and artist
The Piece - This fine canvas piece was created using oil on canvas. Pulling full inspiration from Telluride this piece, depicts a lively downtown Main Street with a stunning alpine sunset. The Telluride Jazz Festival felt this was a great piece to represent the vibrance and elegance of the festival.
The Artist - Eugenio Cohaila, a young artist born in Tacna, Peru, goes simply by the name Eugenio. Amongst one of the most promising Peruvian artists of this time, Eugenio has had many exhibitions involving prestigious salons like the Municipalidad de Tacna, the United States Embassy and the gallery at the Banco Continental.
He studied at the Escuela Superior de Bellas Artes de Tacna, graduating with the highest honors in Painting. He continued his training with Post-Graduate studies in Painting at the Escuela de Bellas Artes del Peru in Lima.
His honors include a first place from the Concurso de Murales Urbanos in Tacna along with Honorable Mentions in Quinto Lazo and Michell & Cia contests.
About The Telluride Society for Jazz
Auction proceeds benefit the Telluride Society for Jazz. The Telluride Society for Jazz is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) education organization working in collaboration with the Telluride Jazz Festival and presenting the "Society Stage" at Elks Park, Telluride Student All-Stars Jazz Ensemble, Telluride Jazz Adventure Academy Scholarships and other year-round artist workshops, student education programs and community outreach events.
- The auction is open now and will close at 6 PM (MT), Sunday, August 6, 2017.
- Starting on August 4 at 12:30 pm, the auction will be available at the festival Merchandise Tent and at the Patron Concierge Station. The online auction will remain open until August 6.
- The "Auction Winner" is the highest bidder. Winner will be announced from the Telluride Jazz Festival Main Stage at 7 PM (MT). You do not have to be present to win.
- Winner will be contacted and will have 24 hours to claim and pay for the piece. If winner does not claim said piece in this time frame they will forfeit the winnings and the next highest bidder will be offered the piece.
- If shipment is required, winner assumes all shipping and handling costs to deliver piece to destination.
- Bidding opportunities are unlimited.
- "Current Price" or highest bid will be updated daily Monday through Friday every 24 hours at 9am (MT) July 17 - August 3. During the festival the "Current Price" will be updated every 4 hours.
- 50% of winning bid funds are allocated to the Elinoff Gallery to help cover cost of piece.
- 50% of winning bid funds benefit the Telluride Society for Jazz and are tax deductible as a charitable contribution.
- For questions, please contact us here.